We always come across at least one contact on Facebook Messenger who is annoying, and we want to remove them, right? Learn here. Facebook is one social media platform that is used by millions of users across the globe.
Also, it is a common fact that you might receive tons of friend requests every day from many people who are on the platform. You might know some of them, but sometimes it is not uncommon that some stranger might also send you a friend request.
And someone from that list might also send you a message on the Messenger app, and you might think- how to remove someone from messenger?
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Facebook did an interface update in November 2020, so old ways do not work anymore.
Thanks to my subscribers’ comments (Yolanda Sommers and Lisa), I rewrote this page in December 2020.
Now we have an up-to-date guide and screenshots with the new interface.
How To Remove Someone From Messenger
On Facebook Messenger, we still come across at least one contact who is very irritating, and we want to delete them, right? Or it might also be possible for you to receive a messenger message from someone on Facebook who is not on your friend list.
So here are all the possible answers to your question – how to remove someone from messenger?
The first option is to block the person on the Messenger App.
On Facebook Messenger, there are two ways to block someone:
1 Way to block the messenger from someone:
It would be the easiest way to exclude anyone from messenger blocking. Follow these steps to block a person:
- Open Messenger and tap on the “People” icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the contact list icon in the top right corner ( 2nd icon from the right).
- Step 1 and 2 Find the person you want to block and tap the “Info” icon next to him. The icon looks like (i).
- Step 3 Tap the big blue “MESSAGE” button to open a chat with someone you want to remove.
- Step 4 Tap on the” Info” icon in the top right corner of the screen. The icon looks like (i).
- Step 5 On the new screen, scroll to the bottom until you see the “Block” option. Tap on it.
- Step 6 Tap on the icon next to “Block on Messenger” Tap on the icon next to “Block on Facebook” if you want to remove a person from your Facebook completely.
- Step 7 and 8 If you chose the “Block on Facebook” option, you will be redirected to the Facebook page in a browser. Tap the “Block” button here too.
- Step 9 Those were all steps to block or remove a person from your Facebook messenger. The method is live and I just tested it on 8 December 2020.
Way 2 to remove a person from the Facebook messenger.
If somehow the previous way didn’t work for you, there is another place to block someone on Facebook messenger:
- Open chat with someone you want to block
- Tap the small “(i)” icon in the top right corner
- Scroll at the very bottom and there would be the “Block” button.
- Use that “Block” button to block a person. You would have 2 options – to block only on messenger or on Facebook too.
Disclosure: This post can include affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and buy anything we suggested, we may earn a fee. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.