Friends Location on Facebook | Nearby Friends Location on Facebook: The Nearby Friends Location Facebook feature is one that allows you to share your current location with your friends. You can select friends you want to share your location with this feature enabled and controls the duration for which this location sharing is active.
This feature is especially beneficial to Facebook users who travel a lot and would want to share with their friends where they are every time they visit a new location. Manually updating location details isn’t required as Facebook collects your location details and automatically updates them as you change locations. Also, enabling this feature grants you knowledge of the location of friends whom access to one’s location has been mutually allowed.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept posts contribution that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Given the above details on how the Nearby Friends Location works, not everyone would like to have it enabled. You must realize that, in a way, it chips away some level of privacy on Facebook. However, remember that you hold power to deciding which friends can see your current location after enabling the feature.
To have the Nearby Friends Location enabled on Facebook, run through the procedure presented below.
How to Enable and Use the Nearby Friends Feature on Facebook
- Log on to your Facebook account.
- Access the menu using the hamburger icon (icon with three horizontal lines).
- If you’ve used the Nearby Friends feature before, the shortcut should be listed under the Favorites section in the left pane, so you can easily access it from there. But if not, go to Settings.
- From there, select Account Settings.
- You’ll be navigated to the Account Settings page. Here, lots of options are available, but we are only concerned with the Location option. Find and select it.
- On the Location Settings screen, there will be several options of which Nearby Friends, Location History, and Location services are relevant for this procedure. Ensure the Location history and Location services are toggled on.
- How To Post On Instagram With A Desktop Or Laptop
- Instagram Reels | Ways To Create Instagram Reels Videos
- Snapchat With Instagram | How to Login Snapchat With Instagram
It is important these options are turned on as Facebook leverages on them to get the Nearby Friends to feature working appropriately.
- Next, select Nearby Friends. Toggle it ON.
- You’ll be taken to another page where you’re to select which friends can see your location. Click Friends to get that done.
- After selecting friends to see your location, click the TURN ON tab to activate the feature.
- Now, the Nearby Friends shortcut should be available in your Favorites section in the left pane on your home page. Click on it to customize the duration for which you desire each friend to know your location.
- Click the compass icon to the right of the name of each friend location is shared with. Different duration options and an option to stop location sharing will be provided on the next page. Select one which best suits you.
- If you’d like to edit friends who have access to your location, you can do that by accessing the setting (the gear icon on the top right -corner of the Nearby Friends page).
That’s about it for the Nearby Friends feature on Facebook.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends and relatives who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.