It’s straightforward. For engaging and communicating with friends and family through their posts or a real-time chat, Facebook is fantastic.
There may be cases, though, where you want to be left undisturbed. You can switch off the “available” notification to make it appear to people that you are offline in times like this.
How to Appear Invisible on Facebook on a PC or Mac
While you will still receive messages after turning off your online status, they will all go into your inbox.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Facebook app or visit the web
- At the lower-right corner, click “Option.”
- Press “Turn Off Active Status,” which can also appear as “Turn Off Chat.” Check the dialogue box, and then select the radio icon next to your selection.
- Click “Ok”
Here are some of the reasons and options to appear invisible on Facebook:
If you choose not to be interrupted by any Facebook user, you can pick ‘Turn Off Active Status for All Contacts.’
If you choose not to be interrupted by all but a single user, click “Turn Off Active Status for All Contacts Except” (s). With this choice, you’ll be allowed to choose who can see you online.
How to Appear Invisible on Facebook on an Android Device
You don’t just have to turn off your online status on your Desktop or Mac to make sure you appear invisible on Facebook; you also have to do the same on all devices you are logged in to.
Below are the steps to follow on an Android device:
- Launch your Facebook app on your mobile.
- Tap the “Menu” icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and look for “Settings & Privacy” and tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down till you see the “Privacy” section and tap the “Active Status.”
- After clicking the “Active Status,” friends will be able to see you online.
How to appear Invisible on Facebook on an iOS Device
Going invisible on an iOS device is slightly different from doing so on an Android device. Below are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone
- Tap the Menu bar at the lower-right corner of your screen
- Scroll down and then tap “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap “Settings”
- Scroll down, and then tap “Active Status” in the “Privacy” section
- You’ll see a slider that reads “Show when you’re active” to turn it off.
- You’ll be required to confirm your choice, and once you do, others won’t see you online until you change it.
Invisible on Facebook Final Thoughts
You may follow the steps given above if you want to protect your privacy or prefer to appear invisible on Facebook while browsing. You don’t always have to be at your disposal, and that’s all right.
How do I hide my rooms on Facebook?
1. Open your rooms on Facebook
2. Click See call participants.
3. Click Settings.
4. Click End Room.
5. Click End Room.
How long does invisible ink Last
One year. You can use it for one year.
Can I remove stories from Facebook?
1. Open the Stories section at the top of your News Feed.
2. Click Your Story.
3. Select the stories that you want to delete.
4. Click Delete Photo or Delete Video
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.