It is imperative to note that whichever path you choose to take is different from the other. Deleting your Facebook account temporarily means DEACTIVATION. While deleting your Facebook permanently means total DELETION. And because they are different, they also have different characteristics. We’ll take a look at their differences in a moment.
Choosing to deactivate your Facebook account means that:
- You can reactivate the account whenever you want
- People will not be able to see your Timeline nor search for you
- Some information like the messages you exchanged with friends may remain visible.
Choosing to delete your Facebook account means that:
- Access to your account can’t be regained once its deleted
- Deleting your account may be delayed for a few days after you have made the request. This deletion request will be canceled if you log into your Facebook account during this period of time.
- Deleting your data in the back-up system may take up to 90 days and for that reason, your information will not be accessible during this time.
- Some things are not stored in your account. For example, your friend may still have the messages you both shared after the deletion of your account.
- Copies of some materials like your log records may still remain in Facebook’s database but they are disassociated from personal identifiers.
Now, let us show you how to deactivate and delete your Facebook account temporarily
On Your Facebook Application
- Log into your Facebook app and tap on the menu button at the top far right (for Android users) or bottom right (for iOS device users)
- Scroll down to ”Settings & Privacy”, under that, tap on ”Settings” to download your information, scroll down to ”Your Facebook Information”, tap on ”Download Your Information”, scroll down and tap on ”Create File” to save the information.
- Go back to ”Settings & Privacy” and click on ”Privacy Shortcuts”.
- Tap on ”Delete your Account and Information”, this will take you to another page where you will be asked to make a choice between Deactivating or Deleting. Since your choice is ”Deleting”, tap on ”Permanently Delete Account” then click on ”Continue to Account Deletion” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the steps.
On Your Browser
- Go to facebook.com
- Log into your account details
- Click on the arrow pointing down from the top corner of your home page
- Select the ”Settings” option
- Next, Select ‘Your Facebook Information’ option
- Select ”Deactivation and Deletion”, this will take you to another page where you will be asked to make a choice between Deactivating or Deleting. Since your choice is ”Deleting”, tap on ”Permanently Delete Account” then click on ”Continue to Account Deletion” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the steps.
If you choose to delete your Facebook account permanently or Delete your account, here’s what to do:
You are advised to download a copy of your Facebook data before you delete your account for future purposes. To download a copy of your Facebook data:
- Click the downward arrow at the top right of any Facebook page
- Select “Settings”
- Click on the link at the bottom of the main menu that says “Download a copy of your Facebook data”.
After you have downloaded your data, all you need to do is visit this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account, click on “Delete my account”, then follow the steps to confirm.
If you encounter any problems, do let us know in the comment section and we will do our utmost help to help you resolve it. Remember to hit on the share buttons!
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.