- After your log in attempt was unsuccessful, Facebook shows you a “Recover Your Account” button under the password field. Go ahead and click that.
- Next, Fill in the email address you used to sign up for your Facebook account in the appropriate field, and then click the “Search” button.
- If a match is found, it shows you on the results screen. Click the “This Is My Account” button.
- Depending on the information you provided when you set up your account (and the security settings you enabled), you are likely to be presented with different options to reset your password. Choose one of the methods, and then click the “Continue” button.
- Next, Facebook would send a code by email.
- You will be lead to a screen prompting you to type a new password. Enter a strong password, and then click the “Continue” button.
The next steps are to help you secure your account. If you suspect that someone may have had access to your account and had your information tampered with, Facebook can check to see whether there are any recent changes to your basic information (name, profile picture, and so on), installed apps, and your activity.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept guest posts that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.