What Do I Do if i forget my Facebook Password:
Without a password manger, remembering numerous passwords for various platforms can be quite a handful.What to do if you’ve forgotten your Facebook password. You can’t really recover your forgotten Facebook password, but you can recover the account and reset your password in pretty easy steps. In this tutorial, we would be taking you through steps for password recovery:
How to Recover Forgotten Facebook Password
Recovering Your Password
- After your log in attempt was unsuccessful, Facebook shows you a “Recover Your Account” button under the password field. Go ahead and click that.
- Next, Fill in the email address you used to sign up for your Facebook account in the appropriate field, and then click the “Search” button.
- If a match is found, it shows you on the results screen. Click the “This Is My Account” button.
- Depending on the information you provided when you set up your account (and the security settings you enabled), you are likely to be presented with different options to reset your password. Choose one of the methods, and then click the “Continue” button.
- Next, Facebook would send a code by email.
Upon receiving the code in the email you used to set up your account, you can click the “Click here to change your password” link, and then copy the reset code and paste it into the Facebook site. Alternatively, just click the “Change Password” button in the email and avoid the whole code entry process.
- You will be lead to a screen prompting you to type a new password. Enter a strong password, and then click the “Continue” button.
Resetting Active Sessions After Changing Your Password
After the process of password reset on Facebook, you have the option to log out of active sessions on other devices or stay logged in.
If you are convinced your account is safe, and know you just forgot the password, you may not want to go through the hassle of signing in again on other devices, go ahead and select the “Stay Logged In” option.
If you feel unsure about the safety of you account , choose the “Log Out Of Other Devices” option instead. This signs out all current sessions on your PC, phone, tablet, and you’ll need to sign in on them again using your new password.
The next steps are to help you secure your account. If you suspect that someone may have had access to your account and had your information tampered with, Facebook can check to see whether there are any recent changes to your basic information (name, profile picture, and so on), installed apps, and your activity.
That’s it. Click “Go To News Feed” and its done.
That would be all you need to do to get your account back, after you forgot your password.