Message Friend Request: Friend requests are just a click away with the new Facebook layout. The feature to send a message alongside a friend request has been long removed by Facebook and you can either just send a message before or after sending your friend request. We would show you how to send a friend request on Facebook.
How to Send Facebook Friend Requests
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone.
- If you are already signed in ,proceed to the next step, if not, sign in.
- Open the profile page of the person you want to add.
- Tap the ☰ icon at the bottom right of the screen, and then tap “Friends.” From there, you can see your list of current Friends or click “Suggestions,” “Contacts” or “Search” to find other people you may know.
- Open your friends’ friend lists and tap someone’s name to see their profile.
- Tap Add Friend. It’s below the person’s profile photo and name, or next to their name in Find Friends. A friend request will be sent immediately, and you will receive a notification once it is accepted.
If you don’t see Add Friend, the person you are trying to add does not accept friend requests from people with whom they have no mutual friends.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com in any web browser.
- Sign in to Facebook. Enter the email address (or phone number) and password you use to sign into Facebook into the blanks at the top right corner of the screen, then click Log In. You can skip this step if you’re already signed in.
- Find a profile to add as a friend.
- Click Add Friend.
If you don’t see the Add Friend button, the person you are trying to add does not accept friend requests from users with whom they have no mutual friends.