Gmail is one of the most popular email services on the internet right now, with more than one billion people logging in to check and send emails every day.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept sponsored posts that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
Google has updated its services several times in the last few months to ensure that users are properly protected from hackers.
Hackers have become increasingly efficient at successfully hacking customer accounts which had caused damaging implications for the company.
Setting up a Gmail account is an easy process – We will show you exactly how you can sign in and create a Gmail account.
How to create a Gmail account?
First of all, you will need to provide some basic information, including your name, birth date, gender and location in order to create a Gmail account.
Go to www.gmail.com and click ‘create an account’, following the on-screen instructions to set up a profile.
Once this process has been completed, you can add contacts to your account – filling out your contacts book in the mail settings.
Once the account has been created and a strong, secure password has been selected, you will need to log in.
Gmail login: How to sign in – create a Gmail account? How to protect email being hacked
To do that, go to www.gmail.com and type in your username (your email address) and password and click sign in.
To sign out, click on the circle in the top right of your screen that will either have an avatar image or your account name initials in it.
A drop down menu will appear with the option to sign out.
How to recover your Gmail account if it has been hacked or lost
1. Go to the account recovery page
2. If you can’t remember your password, click Try different question.
3. Use your recovery email or phone number.
4. Gmail will send a recovery code to that contact to prove your account ownership to phone number/email.
5. Alternatively, you can also answer your security question, that would have selected at the time of setting up this account.
6. Once you receive the recovery code, enter it in Gmail, Google will then ask you to change your password.
7. Gmail will take you through the Security Check once you are signed. Make sure to check and change your security information.
How to secure your Gmail account
1. Follow the instructions in the Security Checkup. This is Google’s service that helps users make sure their Google accounts are safe by checking connected apps, devices, account permissions etc that may lead to compromisingyour account.
2. Immediately change the password of your Google Account, if you haven’t already.
3. Change password of apps and sites where you use the same password you used for your Google Account
4. Change password of apps and sites where you sign in with your Google Account email address as well as apps and sites for which you’ve saved passwords on your Chrome browser.
5. Make sure your recovery phone number and email are correct, so you stay informed about suspicious account activity.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.