How to Shutdown a Facebook Account Permanently: You can free yourself permanently from using Facebook. There have been rumors of Facebook disclosing personal information to advertisers and a host of others.These accusations in addition to some other factors might make you consider deleting your Facebook account at some point.
Liberating yourself from Facebook, is not an easy task. Just as your computer holds data, background information, and paths to documents, social media holds onto a network of information that lurks in the background and remains in cyberspace , gone but not forgotten.
Steps to deactivating your account are straightforward, but this doesn’t mean it has been deleted. On your return to activate your account,you’ll discover that all your information is still there, waiting to be restored. If you delete your account from Facebook, then your information becomes irretrievable.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account.
Listed below is a step by step guide to help you delete your Facebook account:
1. Delete linked apps;
The first step to Facebook freedom is to remove those apps that are linked to your Facebook account.
- First, click on the arrow in the top right-hand corner of your Facebook page.
- Then select “Settings” and click on “Apps” situated in the column on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the edit button under the heading “Apps, websites and plug-ins”
- Once you have disabled the platform, you can begin deleting the apps that are linked to your account.
2. Clear activity history
- From the downward arrow menu, select “Activity Log”.
- Use the edit button to delete or unlike each action listed in your log.
3. Backup data
If you would still want to retain information linked to your account such as photos or names of friends, then you need to back up your account.
- Go to your settings menu.
- In “General Account Settings”, select the option that allows you to download a copy of all your data.
- You will then receive an email with a link to your download archive. The archive will be saved into your Downloads folder on your computer. It is a zip file which, when opened, reveals all your photos, as well as several html files listing your friends, advertisers and almost everything else pertaining to that account.
4. Deactivate account
Deactivation means you can just log in again and carry on as if nothing happened. Deactivation of your Facebook account is not deleting and Facebook highlights this option for you. So, if you’re not completely certain about your decision Facebook forever, just deactivate your account and then, if you change your mind, you can always login again and carry on where you left off. While deactivated, your friends will not be able to post to your account or send messages. Again,
- Go to your settings menu.
- Select “General” at the top of the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Manage your account” and scroll down to see where it gives you the option to deactivate.
5. Delete account
Finding the link to delete your account is virtually impossible. An easy way to discover it,is by clicking on the help menu and then searching for “delete account”. In the answer, there is a link called “let us know”. Click on this link and you will get redirected you to a page where you can finally delete your account.
Now all you must do is click on “delete my account”, enter your password and submit captcha and you are done.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.