How to Search By Image: You can find out the name, birth date, email address, place of work, or marital status of a person, if you have their photo. Following the steps shown in this article, you will be able to find their Facebook profile and if any of the in formation you seek is included in what they have made public on Facebook, then you would have access to all of it:
How to Search By Image
Ways to Find a Person Via Their Photo
Find the number Facebook uses to identify the photo and then try to search Facebook for it.
Using a Photo to Find a Person’s Profile on Facebook
- First step is to took at the file name of the picture. On most web browsers, you right-click the photo and select View Photo or View Image.
- Find the file name. It might end with .jpg or .png and if it’s from Facebook, it will have “fb” attached somewhere towards the beginning.
- See how the file has three sets of numbers separated by underbars (_) or periods? Locate the middle number. For example, you might see a URL that includes something that looks like this:
- Locate the middle number. In the example above, I’m calling “101484896592068” the middle number. This number is the profile ID from a Facebook user’s profile. In this example the number is 15 digits long, but yours might be longer or shorter. It shouldn’t have a decimal, though.
- Copy and paste the following into your web browser’s address bar: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=
- At the end, without a space, copy the profile ID number you found: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101484896592068
- Go to the address and you should see the profile of the Facebook user from the picture!
As absurd as this may sound, that’s really all you need to do, to find someone on Facebook, with just a picture of them that you have.