Once you have created an Instagram account, you can log in to the social networking site on your iOS or Android device using the corresponding app, or you can log in on any computer. If you want to log in but have forgotten your password, you can reset it using your Facebook account, provided you connected your Instagram account with Facebook and can access the email address listed on your Instagram account.
If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it through your email address or your Facebook account. To reset your password, first tap Forgot? next to Password on the log in screen.
- To reset through your email address, tap Username or Email, enter your username or the email address you used to create your account and tap search. Choose Send a Password Reset Email.
- To reset through Facebook, tap Reset using Facebook. You may be asked to log into Facebook. You can then enter a new password for the Instagram account that was most recently linked to your Facebook account.
If you can’t access the email you registered with and you didn’t link your Instagram account to Facebook, we’re not able to give you access to this account.
How Do I Change or Reset my Facebook Password?
Change Your Password
- Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page and select Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Click Edit next to Change Password.
- Click Save Changes.
If you’re logged in but have forgotten your password, follow the steps under Change Your Password then click Forgot your password? and follow the steps to reset it. Keep in mind that you’ll need access to the email associated with your account.
- To reset your password if you’re not logged in to Facebook:
- Go to the Find Your Account Page.
- Type the email, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click Search.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.