Notifications is a feature that you can turn on or off. It will notify you the moment there is any activity taken on Facebook that involves you.The notifications will be send to the email address that you registered on your profile. You can’t turn off notifications entirely, but you can adjust how and what you’re notified about. Notifications are updates about Facebook activity
Choose What You’re Notified About
What types of notifications does Facebook send?
Desktop and Mobile
- Red Alert Notifications: Notifications that appear above , , and . When you have a new notification, a red bubble will appear with the number of new notifications you’ve received. There are separate notifications for friend requests and messages , and the rest of your notifications will appear over the globe or bell icon. Click these icons at any time to view your notifications.
- Email Notifications: Notifications you receive via email. Learn more about email notifications.
- Push Notifications: Notifications that appear when you’re not actively using Facebook and help you re-engage with your friends. Learn more about mobile and desktop push notifications.
Pop-up Notifications: Notifications that pop up on your screen when you’re logged in to Facebook and a friend interacts with you (example: posts on your timeline). Click the notification to see the story or click X to close the notification.
Text Notifications: Notifications you receive via mobile text messaging (SMS). Learn more about text notifications.
You’ll automatically get notifications when people on your Close Friends list post to Facebook, but you can turn these notifications on or off:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left column.
- Click On Facebook.
- Next to Close Friends activity, select On or Off.
If you want to stop notifications for an event you’re interested in:
To turn off notifications for an event you’ve responded to with Interested, Going or Maybe:
- Go to the event.
- Click in the top right.
- Select Notification Settings.
- Click Off to stop receiving all notifications.
- Click Done.
If you want to stop notifications from an event you’re not interested in:Decline the invitation when you respond.
If you want to choose what you get notifications about:Learn how to adjust your notification settings.
If you want to adjust your email notifications:Learn how to adjust how often you receive email notifications from Facebook and what you get email notifications about.
I hope this post was helpful? show your support by sharing these articles to your friends who might need it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using the share button below.
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The contents on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.