How to Choose a Facebook Legacy Contact | Choose Your Facebook Legacy Contact: Choosing a Legacy Contact can be the best decision you make concerning your Facebook account because it simply tells Facebook to either delete your account or memorize it when you are gone.
What happen to your Facebook account if you pass away?
You can tell Facebook in advance whether you’d like to have your account memorialized or permanently deleted from Facebook when you are gone.
We at BuzzFeedNg are lovers of great contents; we accept guest posts that are honest and related to the topics that we cover here on BuzzFeedNg.com. Kindly send your post to us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] and we will publish free of charge.
Continue reading below;
- The word Remembering will be shown next to the person’s name on their profile
- Depending on the privacy settings of the account, friends can share memories on the memorialized Timeline.
- Memorialized accounts that don’t have a legacy contact can’t be changed
- Content the person shared (example: photos, posts) stays on Facebook and is visible to the audience it was shared with.
- No one can log into a memorialized account
- Memorialized profiles don’t appear in public spaces such as in suggestions for People You May Know, ads or birthday reminders
- Pages with a sole admin whose account was memorialized will be removed from Facebook if we receive a valid request
Deleting Your Account
- From the top right of Facebook, click and select Settings
- From the left menu, click Security
- Click Legacy Contact
- Click Request account deletion and follow the on-screen instructions
How to add, change or remove legacy contact on Facebook?
- Click in the top right of Facebook and select Settings
- Click Manage Account
- Type in a friend’s name and click Add
- To let your friend know they’re now your legacy contact, click Send
Note: You must be at least 18 or older to select a legacy contact.
Can I choose someone who isn’t a Facebook friend as a legacy contact?
Copyright & Warning: Published contents on this blog may not be reproduced, republished, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
The blog content on this site is written and published with good intentions. If you own this content & believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [admin(at)buzzfeedng.com] or [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.