Maybe you inputted a wrong day, month and year as your birthday on Facebook or you don’t want your friends to know your real age, you can make changes to it, be it changes to date or changes to month or even changes to the year. You can also choose to make your birthday appear just month and year, and we will show you how to do that.
ON YOUR FACEBOOK APP:
- Click on the menu button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Next, click on your name to view your profile.
- Next, scroll down and click on “ABOUT.”
- Next, click on “More about you” (take great care not to click on the + sign at the right, doing this will guide you through the longer route. But if you mistakenly click on the +sign, click on “View profile”)
- Scroll down and on “Basic info,” click on “Edit.”
- On the month and date, which constitutes the “birthday,” click on the gray downward () button to edit your birthday “month” and “date.” While you click on the gray downward () button on the “Birth Year” to select your year of birth.
You can also choose who sees your birthday by clicking on the “people” buttons on the right hand of both “Birthday” and “Birth year.” If you click on the button on just birthday and set it to maybe public, it means that anyone and everyone who happens to stumble on your profile will see your birthday, but if you set to “only me,” it means that you are the only person that will see your birthday. The same applies to the birth year.
READ ALSO: How to change your email address on Facebook
ON YOUR BROWSER:
- Log in to your profile and click on “About.”
- In the left column, click “Contact and Basic Info.”
- Scroll down and hover over “Birth Date” or “Birth Year,” and then click “Edit” to the right of the info you’d like to change
- Click on the “people” button by the side of “edit” to bring out a drop-down menu. On the drop-down menus, use the audience selector by the right to choose who can see it
- Click on “Save Changes”