Free Facebook Marketplace UK Groups – Over the years, Facebook has become a rather sophisticated platform for performing a wide range of functions ranging from interacting with friends for fun and connecting with others for business purposes.
With over 2 billion users on the platform, marketers and sellers get a huge opportunity to sell their items to the right audience.
Before the marketplace feature came into existence, users carry out buying and selling activities through buy and sell groups. However, with marketplace now available, it becomes rather easy to buy and sell to people in your location.
A marketplace is a convenient place on your Facebook app for selling and buying products from people in your local area. And the awesome part is that it is absolutely free for you to join, buy, post listings of items and sell items too on the platform.
So, if you are looking to sell items to people in your location, you can simply do so on the marketplace.
As a buyer, you can purchase items from sellers in the UK marketplace. Marketplace feature is just similar to Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, and other online marketing platforms.
It is a medium where buyers and sellers meet to conduct buying and selling online. The Facebook marketplace makes it much easier for you to connect with people in your location for buying and selling purposes.
How to Find Marketplace Feature on Your Facebook App
The marketplace feature is now available in various locations like USA, UK Australia, New Zealand, and others. However, this feature can be enjoyed by users over 18 years of age.
It is also available on various devices like IOS devices and Android devices, so you can conduct buying and selling activities on your Facebook app right on your mobile device.
- To locate the marketplace feature, click on the Shop Icon on your Facebook app.
- Once you click on the icon, you will be taken to the marketplace page.
- On this page you can perform a wide range of activities by clicking any of the four options which are Sell, Your items, Search and Categories.
- You can scan through the categories to find out items for sale posted by sellers in the UK. You can then select which item you wish to buy and connect with the seller.
- If you wish to sell, all you need to do is click the Sell option and post listings of items for buyers in the UK to discover and purchase.
- If you do not wish to check out the categories, you can look for items you wish to buy through the Search option. You will see the available results of your search and make your choice.
- Your items are sellers who wish to check their products on sale to update info on them and receive messages from buyers too.
- There also are UK marketplace groups and community on Facebook that you can join to learn more about selling and buying on the marketplace. You can connect with sellers and buyers in your location on the platform and gain more insights about Facebook marketplace & its rules.
- The marketplace makes it convenient for you to sell items with ease to buyers in your location, and it also makes it easy for buyers to discover items on sale in their location. The marketplace has almost replaced the physical market, making it rather easy and convenient for users to buy and sell with just a few clicks. With the Facebook marketplace being a free place for marketing and selling items, it makes it even more convenient for users to sell their items with ease.
- Now, to enjoy this platform, you need to learn how to buy and sell items on the platform, and we will show you how. So while spending time on your Facebook app, you can as well check out marketplace to buy or sell items to people in your location.
How to Post Item Listings/ How to Sell On Free Facebook Marketplace UK
The marketplace is a free platform on your Facebook app for you to sell your items to buyers in the UK. However, you need to follow some necessary steps to get this done.
The steps are quite easy and geared at attracting customers to your products, so if you use each step effectively, you are improving your marketing and gaining customers.
Follow these steps to sell on the marketplace:
- Click the MARKETPLACE ICON on the Facebook app
- Click on SELL from the four options on your marketplace page. Choose quite good quality photos of the items you wish to sell from your camera roll. This is one way of attracting customers’ interest in your items. Poor quality photos are hardly attractive or clear enough for customers to see what they are purchasing.
- Use the ‘WHAT ARE YOU SELLING’ page to label the items, then enter a title and explain briefly what then click NEXT
- Describe the items you are selling; by adding important details like size, color, model, and all the necessary info customers need to know about the item.
- Set prices for your products
- Next, identify your location by entering your Zip code
- Select the category your products fall into on marketplace list of categories
- Once you are done with these steps, the listings of your items will be visible for buyers to view on the marketplace.
- You can manage listings of your items through YOUR ITEMS option. You also get messages from customers here and send replies to them too from here.
How to Buy On Free Facebook Marketplace UK Groups
No one really likes going through the stress of searching for items to buy in the mall when you can easily do so on your mobile device and have it delivered to you.
Now, on marketplace there are various sellers in your location selling varieties of items on Facebook. You might want to buy a cheap used T.V, other gadgets or any other personal items from such sellers; marketplace makes it easy for you to do so.
You can easily check items and listings & connect with sellers in your location.
To purchase items on Facebook marketplace, follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook app; locate the SHOP icon at the top of your page then click to open the marketplace.
- Tap the CATEGORIES link at the top of the page to view the list of all the item categories on marketplace. There are varieties of categories on the Facebook marketplace for you to check out items listings.
- Select the particular category you want to check out items on sale on it. There are categories for jobs, rentals, vehicles, real estate, fashion, and more.
- You can use the search bar on the marketplace to search for items you wish to buy with ease.
- If you find an item you are interested in, you can click on the item to view its details. When you click on the items, you get to see important info like price, size, description, and also the seller’s contact.
- Click on ASK FOR DETAILS to connect with sellers on a more personal level and get to know more about the items they are selling.
- You can also message the seller directly to inquire about the products.
Facebook free marketplace UK has a community on Facebook, where you can connect with other buyers & sellers in the UK and also get to know more about the Facebook marketplace.
Facebook marketplace is free and convenient for you to conduct buying and selling activities with people in your location.
Facebook is definitely more sophisticated than it used to be, so you don’t just get to have fun on the platform, but you can also start making profits from your business on Facebook.