Facebook Lite Search: Facebook Lite is a lighter version of Facebook redesigned by Facebook. It is a version of Facebook made for better locations with poor data connections and low-end phones. It’s an app for the entire world, suited more specifically for developing countries where data connectivity is hard to come by.
Very similar to the original version of Facebook with a less smooth user interface, built for the original purpose of connecting and interacting with family and friends. For some one who spends so much time on Facebook, this could be a great choice because of it’s low data consuming quality.
How to Install Facebook Lite:
Installing on Your Android Phone
- Open Google Play. Tap its icon located on the home screen to open Google Play Store.If the app is not on your home screen, search for it in the app drawer.
- In the search bar Search for “Facebook Lite” . Tap the search tool (magnifying glass icon) at the top-right corner of Google Play and type in “Facebook Lite.” To start searching, press OK on your keyboard.
- Access the app’s information page. The official website should be the first app to come out in the list. Tap it.
- Tap on the Install button. The app will automatically download and install to your phone. Once it has finished downloading, simply tap Open, if you’re still on the Google Play page. If you’ve gone out of Google Play, just look for the Facebook Lite app icon in your list of applications.
- If you’re asked for any special permission, simply tap the Okay button on the permission prompt to begin the download, which will take around a few seconds, depending on your connection speed.
- After installation, you can access Facebook Lite on your Android device through the app.
Installing on iPhone
- Open your iPhone’s App Store. Tap the App Store icon, it is a light-blue app with a stylized, white “A” on its front.
- Tap Search. It’s the magnifying glass icon that can be found in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the search bar. It’s at the top of the screen; you’ll see the phrase “App Store” in this bar.
- Type Facebook Lite into the search bar. This is the official name of the app in the App Store.
- Tap Search. It’s a blue button in the bottom-right corner of your iPhone’s keyboard. Doing so will search the App Store for the Facebook app, which should be the top item on the results page.
- Tap GET. This button is to the right of the Facebook Lite app icon, which resembles a white “f” on a dark-blue background. A pop-up menu will appear.
- If you’ve downloaded Facebook Lite before and then deleted it, you’ll see a download icon instead of GET.
- If you see OPEN instead of GET, Facebook Lite is already installed on your iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID. If your iPhone has Touch ID enabled for the App Store, you’ll be prompted to scan your fingerprint; otherwise, you’ll have to input your Apple ID password. The Facebook Lite app will begin downloading onto your iPhone.
- This process can take a few minutes if you’re using cellular data or a slow Internet connection.
- You may not be prompted to enter your Apple ID or Touch ID if you’ve downloaded Facebook Lite before.
- Wait for the download to complete. Once Facebook Lite is done downloading, the progress circle on the right side of the screen will be replaced with an OPEN button.
- You can open Facebook Lite by tapping OPEN here, or you can tap the Facebook Lite app icon on your iPhone’s Home Screen.
You can try out the new Facebook lite app, it is really similar to the original version of Facebook.