Your friends automatically follow you. You can also let people who aren’t your friends follow you.
- Click in the top right and select Settings.
- Click Public Posts on the left.
- Select Friends or Public next to Who Can Follow Me.
If you’ve allowed people to follow you, you can see a list of your followers by going to your profile, clicking Friends below your cover photo and then clicking More > Followers. If you don’t have any followers, you won’t see this option.
How Do I Follow a Hashtag on Instagram?
Right now, you can only follow hashtags using the Instagram app for Android or iPhone, but not from a web browser.
You can follow hashtags on Instagram to stay connected with interests you care about.
- To follow a hashtag:
- Tap any hashtag (example: #flower) you see on Instagram.
- Tap Follow. Once you follow a hashtag, you’ll see its photos and videos appear in feed.
To unfollow a hashtag, tap the hashtag and then tap Following
To find people to follow on Instagram, you can look through your Facebook friends and people from your contact list:
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Facebook Friends or Contacts to find your friends from Facebook or from your phone’s contact list.
- Tap Follow next to the people you’d like to follow.
- You can also tap at the bottom of the screen to search for people you’d like to follow.